Planning for a Productive Week: 5 EASY Steps
It's Monday, the start of a new week. A new opportunity to accomplish goals and feel fulfilled. I have a love/hate relationship with this day and I have a seeking suspicion that I am not alone. I mean come on, I would love to be that person who looks forward to Sundays so I can plan for the week and Mondays so I can get a kick start at accomplishing things but it is not always that easy.
However, as the weekend comes to an end and I must accept the realization that I will be at work in less than 12 hours, there are things I do to prepare mentally, physically, and emotionally for the week to come. I'll be honest these tips are not like most you read: "1: Wake up when you want, don't rush; 2: Meal prep for the week; 3: Take a nap" because most people do not have calm Sundays or all the time in the world to do these things.
I will share some of the helpful tips I use to kickstart my week. They do not have to be necessarily followed in this order.
1. Take some time to rest & relax! Even if it is just for a couple hours or a few minutes. Watch your favorite show, cuddle with your loved one, read a book, go to the movies, plant some flowers, go to yoga, hike, go get coffee, nap, anything.
2. Clean the house & complete the laundry. I always feel great starting the week with a clean home and empty laundry baskets.
3. Pull out your planner or notes in your phone and list all of the tasks you must complete this week. Don't be so strict with yourself (unless it is helpful for you), just make sure you complete them all.
4. Write a step-by-step to do list for Monday (or whatever day marks the beginning of your week). This helps because I know what to expect. I do this every evening for the next work day.
5. Take a few moments alone and remind yourself these things: 1. You got this!; 2: Nothing is going to happen this week that you can't handle; 3. Although you have planned and prepared things may go wrong and you may become stressed but again, you got this!; 4: This new week is just another opportunity to learn something new.
Do you find these helpful? Share some of the things you do to prepare!